Well I don't really have any decent pictures to post. The main reason is because anytime you take the camera out an try to take a picture, we just end up with a bunch of pictures of Ethan sticking his hands towards the camera trying to grab it away. I have a few decent pictures of Connor but they are still on the camera. I will upload them and post them later.
Things with us are going really well. We are adjusting to have Connor and so far Ethan has done really well with him. Last week my mom was here to help and it was so nice having her here. I cried when she left. :( I love spending time with my mom and wish we lived closer. It's not that far but farther than I'd like. Thanks for a great week mom!
Today is my first day at home alone with both the kiddos. I know it's only 1 o'clock, but the day has gone really well so far. Ethan's been a good boy (part of that may be that he's sick so he's pretty mellow) and Connor has been doing what all newborns do, sleep. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
Connor is a very different baby than Ethan was. With Ethan you could pretty much put him in a bouncy seat and leave him until he needed to eat then but him back again and never know he was there. Connor loves to be close to you and held all the time... during the night included. He has his nights and days backwards (if you know how to break a newborn of that let me know) and I have tried waking him up more during the day but trying to keep a sleepy baby awake is nearly impossible. To give you an idea of how the nights go, I nursed him 6 times last night all before 5:30am and between nursing was rocking him and trying to get him to go to sleep. He falls asleep just fine in your arms but as soon as you put him down he wakes up. If you lay him down and hold his hand he stays content but as soon as you let go he wakes up. It's frustrating and I feel like a zombie today but I love him to so much! He was so worth everything we went through to get him here! He'll figure it out eventually.
So overall things here are pretty good. I feel great and my recovery this time has gone so much better. I don't think bed rest was as hard on my body as last time but I am still weak and my back gets very sore. Mentally I am feeling really good and really feel ready for life to get crazy with two kids! I'll let you know if I am still feeling that way in about a month. :)
I am happy to have all my boys and finally all be together as a family. Life is good!!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Life Is Good
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment