Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cookies!

Today I wanted to do something fun with Ethan since it seems like we don't do a whole lot of that these days. Connor ALWAYS wants to be held and it makes it a little difficult to do things with Ethan, but today Connor decided to sleep for a decent length of time (30 minutes, and that's good for him).

We decided to make Daddy's favorite cookies and Ethan had so much fun!








Daddy got home just in time!

Anytime I make these cookies people always ask me for the recipe but I have yet to give it to anyone. So if you are interested here is the recipe.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Method

In a bowl cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar.

Beat in egg and vanilla.

Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir.

Stir in Oatmeal.

Add chocolate chips. (I add 1 cup, but you can add more or less)

drop about 2 inch balls of dough onto greased cookie sheets. I usually press them down a little bit.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned.

yields about 24 cookies

1 comments:

Kilee said...

Yuummmm!!! And so fun! All your pics of Ethan remind me of Easton; we love to bake! Miss you guys!