Monday, August 23, 2010

13 Weeks

Last Friday I hit 13 weeks which I am so happy about! This is the golden week to finally have the cerclage done. For anyone that isn't familiar with my pregnancies, I have an incompetent cervix which can lead to pre-term labour. The cerclage is a procedure where they stitch your cervix closed with the hope that it will remain that way until you reach full term. I didn't have this done when I was pregnant with Ethan because by the time they discovered I had this condition, they felt I was too far along in my pregnancy to have the cerclage done as it does have a very small chance of leading to complications such as sending you into labour and infection. The benefits out way the risks though so tomorrow I am having the cerclage done. We are hoping that this time around will be easier since I will have the cerclage.

I am still feeling pretty crummy but am keeping my fingers crossed that as I enter my second trimester this week, my nausea will ease up at least a little. I'm also looking forward to not feeling like I'm dragging myself around all day because I am so tired.

Pregnancy is not easy, but when it's all over and the doctor hands you that little baby you've worked so hard to get here it all makes it worth it! I am looking forward to that moment but for now I'll just work on getting through one day at a time.

2 comments:

Meesheeb said...

I hope you feel better soon. With each of my pregnancies I enjoyed the sick feelings since it meant I wasn't having a miscarriage. I guess I was pretty much a stress-ball when pregnant, good thing I'm done doing that. I really hope the procedure goes well today and it does it's job well. :)

Cara said...

Good luck, Sarah! I wish I was there to help you!