My cerclage last week went well. The procedure itself went well but the recovery was a little more than we had expected. Kevin had scheduled Tuesday and Wednesday off work but ended up having to take the rest of the week off as well. My doctor told me that that I might have some minor cramping afterwards and wrote me a prescription for vicodin which I didn't think I would need. Why would a doctor write you a prescription for vicodin for "minor cramps" anyway??
On Tuesday after I got home from the hospital I was pretty sick from the general anesthetic but I didn't have any cramping. Wednesday afternoon came and I was finally feeling a little better since the anesthetic was leaving my system, but then the cramps started and lasted until the weekend. They were like cramps I have never experienced and I've had some killer cramps before. I ended up having to take the vicodin, which I wasn't happy about and it ended up making me really sick.
Overall the experience was far from pleasant so hopefully the cerclage fulfills it's purpose and I carry this baby to full term. IF we do decide to have another baby, I really am not looking forward to having this done again. I want more babies but this experience may have been enough to change my mind. We'll see.
Sorry for such a bummer post.... that's just what's going on here in the Lockard house though.
A special thanks to my wonderful husband for taking such good care of me and being a wonderful "mom" for the week. :) Love you hunny!
Monday, August 30, 2010
My cerclage is done, and boy am I glad!!!
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
The things we go through to bring our babies into the world, huh? Glad you survived. :)
Post a Comment