Monday, March 1, 2010

The Winter Olympics

As I'm sure everyone knows the winter Olympics are in Vancouver, BC, my home town. Since I first found out the Olympics were going to be there I was so excited. When they started in February I was feeling depressed and a little bitter. I only moved to the US a few years ago and the Olympics are in my hometown and I'm not there! We don't even have cable so I haven't been able to watch any of it!! I have been trying to watch/read as much as I can on the Internet but it still isn't the same. I've been looking at everyone's photos back home on Facebook of them downtown at the events and it's been neat but I still wish I was there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH no!! You should've told me earlier! I have an online live video stream that is available in Canada and the USA that showed live coverage from the games. Sad I didn't know you needed it sooner! It was a fun party, or so I hear (being out in Toronto)...but Vancouver certainly missed you!

Stacy Hunt said...

I've still got some recorded if you'd like to watch them. I have speed skating and hockey finals, figure skating exhibition, and the closing ceremonies.

It about killed me when the Olympics were in Torino where I served nearly 7 months of my mission. I would have totally gone back for them if I hadn't had my last semester of school to finish. I didn't get to see much of them either since I moved, didn't have cable, and got married all in that month. I feel your pain.