Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bye Bye Corolla, Hello Taurus

Over the last month or so we have been seriously considering getting a new car. Our little Corolla is just to small for us now. Ethan's car seat hardly fits in the back seat and when we travel to Canada we have to bring so much stuff with us for Ethan that it all barely fits in our tiny trunk.

So we decided to go look at cars a few weeks ago and decided we wanted a new Ford Taurus. We searched every dealership in the state and found the best deal we could. So last Saturday we drove up to Frontier Ford in Anacortes and bought ourselves a brand new Ford Taurus!

We traded in our Toyota Corolla that I was very attached to. As we drove off the lot in our brand new car, I looked back at my corolla and couldn't help but let the tears roll down my cheeks. I am so attached to that car. Maybe because I imported it from Canada when we got married so it was my last tie to Canada. It was my first car. It was the car that I made the drive in down to see Kevin every weekend before we were married, me and Kevin drove home from our wedding in it, brought home our first baby in it and it has been our car for all our married life. This last week I have been driving around in our new car and yes I love it, but I can't help but miss my little corolla. It served us well and I will miss. I do love our new car and I'm sure we will make many new memories with it. :)

We haven't taken any pictures of it but this is what it looks like.



1 comments:

Cara said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it! Are you guys coming for Lindsey's baptism? My mom will most likely still be staying with us to help with the new baby during that time so our house will be chaotic. There is an Extended Stay pretty close to us though if you guys want to still be near us. :) Glad you guys have more room to travel now. That's always a nice feeling.