Every Monday I have a doctors appointment with a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist to do an ultrasound of my cervix to check the length. I hate Mondays because I'm always afraid that I will go in and find out that my cervix has shortened and that I will have to be admitted into the hospital.
Today I had my appointment and I was pleasantly surprised. The ultrasound tech was doing the ultrasound and I was watching her do the measurements. I saw what it said and asked her if that was the length because I was REALLY surprised! For the last 4 weeks or so my cervix has been measuring 2 cm long and today I was surprised because my cervix actually grew!! That has never happened to me in all the ultrasounds I've had and I've had a lot of ultrasounds. My cervix measured today at almost 3 cm long. A cervical length of 3 cm is actually a normal length but because I have a history of cervical incompetence we still need to be cautious and I'm still on bed rest but I am aloud to sit up a little bit more. A cervix is very dynamic and can change daily so it might of just been a fluke but we'll just wait and see how next week goes. I'm happy though!
Here I am at 23 1/2 weeks pregnant. I feel like I've gotten a lot bigger this last week. I've still only gained 3 pounds though! :)
Monday, November 1, 2010
A Great Doctors Appointment Today
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You look great! It must be so difficult being on bed rest and not being able to do everything you want to. It will all be worth it when you are holding your new baby.
Post a Comment