Thursday, November 18, 2010

26 Weeks

Today I am 26 weeks pregnant! 7 weeks of bed rest down, 10 to go and only 9 more progesterone injections to go. I don't know if I've ever mentioned that I have to get injections every week but they sure are nasty shots.

This last week I officially switched back to Evergreen Hospital and had my first appointment. That was really nice. My doctor was looking at my pregnancy with Ethan at 25 weeks compared to this time and things are looking better this time. My cervix is 2.5cm right now where as at 25 weeks with Ethan it was only 1.7cm and I was also in the hospital. I guess that cerclage is making a difference.

Ethan has been home with us for the last 2 weeks which has been really nice. During the day we've had friends and family look after him, then in the evenings after Kevin gets off work he's been picking him up and he's been home with us in the evenings. That's been nice and has made time go by a little faster. Thank you so much to everyone that has helped out with him over the last few weeks. We really appreciate it!!

Bed rest still isn't very fun and it's been a little bit difficult because I want more than ever for life to be normal for Ethan but I am grateful because I know that things could be worse. I know of a lot of people right now that are going through much harder things than me. I've been trying to stay really positive but sometimes its really hard. I've been just trying this last week to think of all my blessings. I was thinking too about my last post and about how I've been wondering so much why doing something so worthy has to be so hard but I have been reminder by my hubby that the most worthy and worthwhile things are sometimes the hardest. I have such a wonderful and supportive husband and am so grateful for him and the blessing he is in my life.

Life is pretty much the same around here. Nothing new going on which I guess is a good thing because it means I'm home and not in the hospital and that I'm still pregnant. I guess that there really isn't much to blog about but just thought I'd let you all know I'm alive. :)

Have a good weekend!

0 comments: