We had a great Christmas aside from being sick. Kevin got sick a few weeks before Christmas. He was REALLY sick and had to take a week off of work. He finally kicked it then it came back again about a week later and he had to take another few days off. He was finally all better and I was so happy because Ethan and I had somehow managed to stay healthy... or so I thought. Ethan got it, then I did. It was probably the worst I've ever felt when sick. Then to top it off... Kevin got it agian! I felt so bad for Ethan, I always hate when he gets sick. The three of us slept a ton that week and we finally kicked it out the door!
Christmas is always three days long for us because we have a sweet little arrangement in our family. We never have to choose who's family we are going to spend the holidays with. On Christmas Eve Kevin's family gets together for dinner and our gift exchange. Then we get to spend Christmas day at home as a family. I love being able to do that! Then we travel up to Canada the next day (Boxing day) and celebrate Christmas with my family. With me being Canadian, our Thanksgiving is in a completely different month than the US so we even get to have two Thanksgivings a year!
I love Christmas! It's my favorite holiday. Christmas time always feels so different than any other time of the year. I love the cold crisp air, everyone seems so much nicer, and I LOVE decorating. Growing up my mom always made our home look beautiful at Christmas time. Over the years she has gathered quit the collection of Christmas decorations and she has the most beautiful tree you will EVER see. It's gorgeous! Our house always felt magical at Christmas time. For Kevin and mines first Christmas together we didn't have a Christmas tree or really any decorations for that matter. That Christmas was really hard for me. I am originally for Canada and because of immigration and where I was in the process, I wasn't able to leave the country so we weren't able to go home. I missed being home for Christmas so much! The next year I was on bed rest and didn't get to go home again, so this Christmas was the first year I was able to go home since Kevin and I have been married. It was such a wonderful Christmas!
It was really fun waking up Christmas morning and going down stairs to open presents. We loved watching Ethan! He had no idea what was going on, but it was still fun. :) It was funny because I have always taught Ethan to be gentle and soft. We were teaching him how to open presents and he was so gentle about it, it was pretty comical. by the end he got into it and figured it out. He got spoiled with presents from his Mommy and Daddy, Granny and Grandad, Grandma and Grandpa, and Santa.
I am always sad when Christmas is over and all the decorations get taken down. When they come down I always think about how I can't wait until next Christmas when I can put them all back up again.




Monday, March 1, 2010
Christmas
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Cute! I love the bottom picture.
Post a Comment