I have felt so bad for poor little Ethan over these last few days. He has been sick since last Friday :(
We planned to go to Canada for the weekend since we got Ethan's birth certificate. We planned to leave Saturday so Saturday came and Ethan seemed perfectly fine so we went. The weekend was really nice getting to see all my family and Ethan was fine all day Saturday. Saturday night was not fun. The poor little guy was up throwing up and crying and he was having a hard time eating because his nose was so stuffed up. Sunday he was fine and most of yesterday.
Last night felt like the longest night I've ever had. I don't think Ethan really slept at all. I feel like the walking dead today. He has managed to throw up on every piece of clothing he owns in his size and every receiving blanket in the house (and we have A LOT of those).
I feel so bad for him and I feel so helpless. I sat up on Saturday night and cried because I hated seeing him suffer. I imagine every mom feels this way the first time that their baby gets sick. I feel so bad that I can't do anything for this poor little helpless baby, all I can do is rock him and try my best to comfort him.
Being a first time mom I don't know if this is normal sick or if he should go to the doctor. Someone told me that he could have thrush. He has the thick white coat on his tongue and some other symptoms of it are that the baby will be more fussy than usual and they will throw up more. I don't know if I should take him to the doctor or if I'm just being paranoid.
He is sleeping soundly now which I'm so happy for so I suppose I need to go and get all that laundry done :)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Poor Ethan :(
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Take him to the doctor!! He might be dehydrated. It takes very little for babies that small to get dehydrated. Ainsley caught a stomach bug when she was 4 months old. She only threw up once and became very dehydrated, enough to have to go to the ER. If Ethan seems listless or unresponsive... get him to the hospital ASAP or if he hasn't had wet diapers for a few hours.
Is he doing better? Did you end up taking him to the pediatrician?
By the way, I'm going private, so email me at keilahoatman@yahoo.com so I can add you to my blog as a reader.
I hope your little one is doing better, never worry about being paranoid when they are sooo little..just make a doctor's appt. and take him in=0) It's always better to safe then sorry.=0)
Post a Comment