Last week Ethan asked me to change his diaper because he was wet. I told him I would in just a minute when I was done doing what I was doing. I got done a few minutes later and went into the living room to find that Ethan had already changed his diaper all by himself. I thought to myself "I think it's time to start potty training when your kid starts changing their own diapers!" So that's what we did!
I was thinking potty training was going to be terrible and would have to be cleaning up pee everywhere along with doing loads and loads of laundry but.... it hasn't been. I hope I didn't just jinx it saying that! Ethan has done so good! It seriously was almost effortless on our part. Ethan has had maybe two accidents but that was last Friday when we started and since then hasn't had a single accident. We don't even need to remind him to tell us when he needs to sit on the potty because he comes and tells us all on his own.
On Sunday we were going back and forth about whether to bring him to church in his underwear or a pull-up. We decided to go ahead and take him in his underwear because we didn't want to set him back at all by putting him in a pull-up during the day. He did so good and didn't have any accidents! Yesterday we went to Costco and Target. We were out for about 2 hours and he didn't use the potty once when we were out so we didn't have any panic moments of trying to find a bathroom. When we got home he had fallen asleep so we brought him in and let him sleep on the couch. I put a diaper on him and he slept for about an hour and a half. When he woke up he was still dry and he told us he needed to go pee.
He has done so well and I am so proud of him! I've heard that there does come a time after potty training that they do revert back briefly so we'll wait and see. I also love doing the laundry and folding up the little itty bitty underwear, so cute!
Way to go Ethan!!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
All Aboard The Potty Train
Here he is in his big boy underwear!
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That's awesome - good job Ethan! Can he come over and teach Carson his tricks?
I love it when they decide to do it themselves. Gavin did that too (with the help of his big sisters). :)
Post a Comment