I realize I haven't done a post in a while or posted any pictures. To be honest, when I get spare time I don't usually spend it writing posts. I should post more often though because I like to be able to look back and remember the important things.
Connor was 5 months old on Sunday! Where does the time go?! I love seeing him grow but I want him to stay a baby. I cherish every moment because to be honest I just don't think I can ever do bed rest again which means no more babies. It's not for a lack of wanting more children, it's just too hard on so many levels. We'll see. Anyway, I am excited to see him grow and see his little personality developing. Connor LOVES his big brother. If Connor can see Ethan he will just stare at him and smile every time Ethan gives him any attention. Ethan loves him most of the time. Ethan has been a lot more interested in him lately. I am excited to see these boys grow up being so close in age. I hope they are good friends!
I feel like life is normal. I have gotten used to having two kids now and it just feels normal to me now. Once Connor hit 4 months I kind of felt like I got in the groove of things and this is the new normal. I feel like I don't ever get a minute to myself which is hard but I guess that's part of being a mom. I would love to just go pee and not have little hands sticking under the door and have Ethan banging on the door... sorry if that is TMI. I think if you are a mom you have thought this at some time or another too. To be honest I can't help but smile and laugh on the other side of the door. :)
Ethan had tubes put into his ears a few months back because of chronic ear infections. I know it wasn't a big deal or an invasive surgery but I was just nervous about him being put under anesthesia. I was happy when it was over and they came out and told us he was okay and brought us back just as he was waking up. I guess when children wake up it is really hard for them and they feel dizzy along with a lot of other things and he was throwing himself back, screaming and his eyes were rolling in his head. It was hard to watch but it was all worth it because he hasn't had another ear infection since! It's been nice!
Connor is healthy and a growing boy. He hasn't had any ear infections in about 6 weeks now. He has been a much happier baby. He is so pleasant and very easy going. I just love him to pieces!! Sleeping through the night isn't going so well.... actually it isn't going at all. He is up most nights 3-7 times. Last night he was only up once so I'm hoping it will continue. Funny though, I got more sleep last night then usual but I am way more tired today. Funny how that works.
The biggest thing going on around here these days is packing because we're moving. We bought another house up north in Marysville and are moving on Saturday. This was a really big decision for us and it took us months to make, but after a lot of prayers and talking about it we felt it was the right decision for our family right now. It is a sacrifice because Kevin is still working in Bellevue which means a longer commute and being home about 45 minutes later in the evening, but there are so many pros to it that we just felt it was the way to go. The house has four bedrooms, a two car garage and a backyard for the boys which I am so excited about. The downstairs is basically the same concept as our townhouse, a great room except it has a bathroom AND laundry room which is so cool! It's also really close to my sister which I am really excited about. Anyway, we are excited about the move. We are keeping our townhouse and have renters that will be moving in on the 22nd. We know that this was the right decision for our family because everything has just fallen into place. We prayed that if it was right that it all would fall into place and work out for us and it has.
Kevin has started studying for the ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) designation. It will give him more opportunities in his career and open more doors for him. He'll do great because he is seriously one of the smartest people I've ever met in my life!
Well that is what's going on with our family right now. Last night we celebrated the 4th with family and had a really fun night! Ethan LOVED all the fireworks and Connor slept through it all very peacefully on his Grandma's lap. Here is a picture of them in their 4th of July outfits. Aren't they cute? :) This is also the first decent picture we've been able to get of the two of them together.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
What's Going On With Us
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I'll miss you guys, but I'm happy that everything is working out for you. Maybe I could stop by if I'm up north at the outlets.
Post a Comment