Last Friday Kevin had the day off of work so we decided to drive up to the Tulip Festival in Skagit Valley. We've talked about going the last few years but never have. We've heard that it's crazy busy on the weekends so we thought it would be perfect to go on Friday. It was really pretty but I think we went about a week too early. Most of the tulips were blooming but some not quite yet and it was REALLY windy but the wind had a cool effect of the tulip fields and it looked really neat. We decided to go to a place called Tulip Town. There you can actually go out to the fields and walk through them plus there is a cute little gift shop. We made it about half way out to the fields but the wind was just too much for our little Ethan so we made our way back to the car and admired to rest of the fields from the car. Ethan DOES NOT like the wind one little bit. It was a fun day just spending the day together as a family. After we went for dinner which is pretty rare for us.
Here's some pictures from our outing.











1 comments:
I LOVE tulips - my absolute favorite flower! I was sure Steve would propose to me at the Tulip Festival when we were dating - I thought that would be so romantic...well, he didn't do it there. Instead he surprised me in Mississippi when I was visiting my family. Anyway - I LOVE tulips!!
Post a Comment