
Today Kevin and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary :) This last two years have been the best years of my life! This last year has been especially wonderful since our family has grown and we have our perfect little boy who we adore. :)
I don't know if you all know, but me and Kevin met online. I used to hate telling people that! We met on ldsmingle.com, it actually was kind of interesting how we met.
Kevin had been back from his mission for about a year when he joined this website. His older brother Nathan and his wife Cara met on this exact site and they were one of the first success stories for the site. Kevin thought he would give it a try since it worked for them.
I had just received a new calling at church as the activity day leader and was looking online for some ideas on activities. This pop up kept coming up onto the screen for this website. I kept closing it and it kept coming back! It was annoying but I clicked on it to see what it was. I out of curiosity started browsing. I decided to join the site. I figured it couldn't hurt since I really didn't think that my chances of meeting anyone at home were to likely since I'd lived there my whole life and there just didn't seem to be anyone. I found Kevin's profile and there was just something about this guy. On the site you can send smiles to people. I sent him one and and sent one right back. We sent emails to each other and chatted online for about a week. We hit it off right away.
You always hear people say that when they met their spouse that they just knew that they were the one. When I first started talking to Kevin I just knew. We were perfect for each other and it was amazing how similar we were. After many many e-mails and online chatting he called me. We talked for hours and hours everyday for a few weeks. We have a $2000.00 phone bill to show for it :) I already was so in love with him. :) I finally drove down from Canada and we met and went on our first date. It was one of the best days of my life.
After we had been dating for a few months Kevin proposed. :)People thought that I was a little crazy because I hadn't really known Kevin for that long but I knew Kevin was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of forever with!
It's funny because me and Kevin have tried over and over to duplicate that search I did when I was researching for my calling and have never been able to find anything to do with lds mingle through those searches. Heavenly Father knew we needed each other and he put us together.
August 18th, 2007 we were sealed in the Seattle Temple. It was one of the best days of my life.
In the two short years we have been married it has been amazing! I can't wait to see what the years ahead of us have it store. I love my life and I wouldn't change anything about it. I have my two boys and they are my everything. They are the joy of my life!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
2 Years
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Such a sweet story and surprisingly similar to ours... :) Congratulations on the big 2 year mark. You guys are perfect for each other and we love you so much! Can't wait to see you again!
Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the bridal room with me. :)
Thanks for sharing the bride room with me too! Hope you guys had a great anniversary too. :)
very cool story! congrats on your anniversary!=0)
Post a Comment