Most of you know that we are expecting our baby next month and what has been going on with my pregnancy. In December we went in for an ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl (a boy!) and they also discovered that I was having problems with the pregnancy. I was told I had a short cervix, which meant that my chances of being able to carry the pregnancy to full term were not to good. I was put on 100% bedrest until I have the baby. Every week I go to a specialist to have ultrasounds done and also get injections.
At 25 weeks I had my routine ultrasound and was admitted to the hospital. We were there for almost 7 weeks. When I hit 32 weeks my doctor sent me home because 32 weeks is a great week to get to as the baby would do well if delivered at that point but still would have to be in the NICU. My cervix also appeared stable which is great. We were very happy to get home :)
Last week I had my final ultrasound and it showed that all is well as things are still stable. I will be full term in 2 weeks and can come off bedrest! YAH! I have been laying in bed almost 100% of the time for the last 16 weeks. It has been a trial but now that it's all coming to an end and we will have our little guy soon it has all been worth it. My doctor is amazed that I have come this far and says it is a miracle. She had told me that the furthest that she thought I would get was 32 weeks and that the chances of that were very slim. I know that getting this far is because of faith and lots and lots of prayers. Thank you so much to everyone who have been praying for us!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
My Pregnancy
Posted by Kevin & Sarah Lockard at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment